Temp - £18 PH
East Surrey
Posted 2 months ago

Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Youth Housing Officer to work with one of our Charity clients in Surrey.

What the job will be doing

  • Provide key 1-2-1 and group support to residents as well as other housing duties
  • To induct residents into their accommodation, ensuring the terms of the tenancy are understood and all health and safety issues fully explained
  • To understand and support residents on Licence Agreements and Assured Short-hold Tenancies (AST) as well as carry out actions linked to these Agreements
  • To develop, understand and maintain a good working knowledge of current welfare benefits
  • To undertake reasonable tasks which may from time to time be required by your line manager
  • To take responsibly for the safety of the residents and the building during out-of-hour shifts and to be aware and adhere to procedures regarding contacting on-call staff as and when required for emergency situations

What you will need

  • Equivalent L3 NVQ or higher in housing, social work or youth work
  • Knowledge of housing/hostel provision and/or youth work services
  • Understanding of the welfare benefits system
  • Understanding of working within Equal Opportunities and Diversity issues.
  • Experience of working with young people with complex needs  
  • Understanding the importance of Safeguarding

How to Apply

If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Ollie at Marks Consulting Partners.

If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.

Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles. 



Job Features

Job Category


Apply Online

A valid phone number is required.
A valid email address is required.