Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Technical Surveyor to work with one of our Housing Association clients in South London.
What the job will be doing
- Ensure effective delivery of the responsive repairs service to tenants and leaseholders across a defined geographic area.
- Ensure regular quality control visits are made in respect of the organisation’s maintenance services.
- Ensure maintenance services are carried out in compliance with published service standards.
- Promote the highest standards of customer service.
- Ensure all data held in respect of the housing stock is maintained accurately and securely.
- Achieve targets/objectives set in respect of maintenance services for team and staff.
- Maintain the highest standard of service to the customer within available budgets, standards and policies.
- Act as expert for all disrepair, party wall awards and technical related complaints.
- Work with contractors to identify, negotiate and implement measures within contracts to achieve continuous improvement.
- Work with Network Homes’ Asset Management Team to ensure all residents receive a seamless repairs and maintenance service.
- Ensure estate inspections are carried out in accordance with an agreed timetable by making sure identified issues are resolved effectively within appropriate timescales.
- Liaise with the Estate Services Team to ensure effective contract management of communal and common parts repairs contractors is conducted.
- Effectively manage and resolve resident contact logged through Neighbourhood Services regarding repairs and maintenance.
- Carry out void inspections and ensure that contractual timescales are met.
- Inspire, lead and be a role model, consistently demonstrating the culture and values.
- To attend evening meetings and other community events as required.
What you will need
- Technical knowledge sufficient to support the delivery of a large and complex responsive maintenance and repairs programme across a range of different stock types.
- Knowledge of key Performance Indicators (KPIs), performance management and evaluating service standards.
- Ability to meet deadlines and plan and deliver a range of different activities.
- Ability to validate information and show attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to support work with customers across a range of circumstances.
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt this approach for different audiences.
- Strong written communication skills sufficient to write reports and analyse information to identify issues and themes and recommend action.
- Good knowledge of IT systems including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent analytical skills to identify a range of issues from information gathered.
- Excellent customer focus and a genuine desire to achieve excellence in all areas of responsibility.
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Liam at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.
Repairs & Maintenance