Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Maintenance Surveyor to work with one of our Housing Association clients in East London.
What the job will be doing
- To deliver a high quality surveying service, supporting our Direct Maintenance division, providing high levels of technical support to the team.
- Support Maintenance Managers, Maintenance and Contract Supervisors by carrying out the more detailed inspections and surveys to manage the defects and latent defect issues
- Carry out detailed property surveys, supplementary pre and post work inspections
- Prepare detailed specifications for tender purposes and for tackling latent defects, insurance claims, to evaluate projects and project manage the works to completion.
What you will need
- Excellent knowledge of building construction methods
- Excellent building surveying skills, in particular relating to building defects and dilapidations
- Experience in a housing environment
- Experience in general Health and Safety practices
- Experience of liaison with local resident groups.
- Understanding of contract law and housing law
- Experience in managing Legal Disrepair claims and the use of the Disrepair Protocol Demonstrable experience of delivering high quality, efficient delivering housing maintenance services
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Matthew Newton at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.
Repairs & Maintenance