Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Strategic Programme Manager to work with one of our Local Authority clients in London.
What the job will be doing
- To work to the Assistant Director ASC, with a significant degree of autonomy to ensure delivery of the Learning Disability Programme of Work and associated savings within the £7.2m C&H savings profile.
- Work with Head of Service Integrated Learning Disability, C&H staff, finance staff and a range of partners to develop and manage the transformation programme, which will modernise services, scrutinise models of support, improve outcomes and improve value for money for the Council
- To work collaboratively with managers, staff and partners working within Learning Disability Services to examine areas where improvements can be made. Write and develop strategy, pathways, protocols and procedures in response to statutory requirements. E.g. in Transitions from children to adults.
- Sign off and contribute to the financial strategies and plans / budgets that support the effective delivery of programme. Contribute to directorate budget monitoring and ensure it is effectively controlled within cash limits, driving down spend where appropriate.
What you will need
- Educated to a higher level (degree level qualification or equivalent) or relevant experience
- Evidence of continuing professional and/or technical development.
- Substantial senior management experience within a complex, multi-agency service system, including experience of extensive service change
- Evidenced excellent influencing and negotiation skills to drive and manage change within teams and deliver strategic priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish positive working relationships with staff at all levels, corporate colleagues, external organisations etc to generate confidence, trust and respect
- Proven experience of practice and culture development, applying strong analytical skills and lateral thinking to develop service plans and solutions
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Ollie at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.