Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Strategic Asset Manager to work with one of our Housing Association clients in London.
What the job will be doing
- Manage the Directorate’s 30-year stock investment plan to ensure properties meet all statutory requirements to ensure they are sustainable from physical, environmental, and financial standpoint.
- Calculating and maintaining the Net Present Values and Social Values of all properties to ensure there is always a ‘holistic understanding’ of the financial performance of every dwelling in housing portfolio.
- Using properties’ performance data, support the Directorate’s budget setting and financial (re)forecasting, and programming of works through smart integrated stock short/long-term (dis)investment planning through monitoring the Directorate’s stock investment via responsive repairs, energy efficiency/net zero carbon, improvement works, property/fire safety works and other works to achieve value for money and objectives.
- Lead on the development of a suitable plan(s) to achieve net zero carbon targets in line with environment sustainability strategy and roadmap to net zero carbon.
- Regular monitoring of all investments by the Directorate so that they meet business plan parameters and scrutinising performance of properties against all relevant targets to ensure value is maximised.
- Provide high-quality insight by carrying out regular predictive and trend analyses, and scenario modelling in response to various drivers to help inform strategic decision making.
- Establish, maintain and improve relevant processes, procedures and systems used to plan for investment in Client properties to enhance the Directorate’s overall capability by working with colleagues.
- Manage and deliver the entire options appraisal process, using the relevant toolkit(s), with the aim of delivering the best option, producing relevant reports for the Executive Team and/or Board. This will include reviewing under-utilised land and/or properties that are put forward for review.
- Manage the entire disposal process of existing land or property, which includes valuation, marketing, conveyancing and other related activities with relevant support from experts.
- Identify and apply for grants or any other external funding to cover relevant expenditure by all teams in the Directorate.
- Identifying and assessing, e.g. through cost-benefit analysis, suitability of new technology that will improve the service provision to residents and efficiency.
- To contribute to the overall management and strategy of the organisation by working collaboratively with other teams and managers throughout.
- To contribute to managers and directors’ meetings alongside preparing reports to the Directors’ Group and Board deliberations.
- To contribute to conferences, seminars and meetings, both externally and internally as required, representing client and your team. Collaborate with key internal customers and to ensure excellent services are delivered.
- Identify and manage the Directorate’s stock investment risks and put in place robust measures to mitigate/alleviate these risks.
- Ensuring the design/project brief for new and existing properties meets the requirements/targets of Clients relevant strategies and business plan parameters.
- Ensuring the Directorate’s procurement is fully compliant with clients Standing Orders and Delegated Authorities and relevant policies and procedures
- To keep abreast, assess and model the impact of external strategic issues, which include legislative, regulatory and best practice, and work with colleagues to respond accordingly.
- To implement and champion clients Equality & Diversity Policy, Health & Safety Policy and related policies and procedures.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the Property Services Director (PSD).
What you will need
- At least five years’ experience of asset management and stock investment planning in the residential sector
- At least five years’ experience of using asset management databases and toolkits to calculate NPV and ROI
- Substantial experience and knowledge of the current housing-related legislation, such Landlord and Tenant Act; Fire Safety
- Act; Health and Safety; Building Safety
- Experience in planning investment in environmental sustainability/energy efficiency, and health and safety-related works
- Experience of producing performance reports, interpreting and producing financial/statistical reports
- An understanding of planning and delivering energy efficiency/ net zero carbon programmes
- Experience of engaging with customers/residents
- Good understanding of principles of component accounting, depreciation/obsolescence and lifecycle costing
- Ability to undertake comprehensive cost-benefit analyses
- Able to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) and influence.
- Excellent creativity and innovation skills
- Excellent numeracy and IT skills
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Able to undertake financial analyses and manage complex budgets
- Ability to provide clear and concise technical advice and reports
- Strong project management skills
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Liam at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.