Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Service Manager to work with one of our Local Authority clients in West Sussex.
What the job will be doing
- To improve the life chances and outcomes for the most vulnerable children in the community
- To effectively engage children, young people and their families in the strategic and operational work
- Provide strategic overview and leadership on how the Council can best meet its statutory and local priorities and responsibilities
- Lead and manage a team of service focussed managers, ensuring the highest professional standards and efficient
- management of resources to meet challenging and changing budgetary, regulatory and statutory requirements
- Represent the service and the Council in multi-agency forums, working parties, local, regional and national bodies to contribute to the exchange of information and the promotion of best practice/’practice excellence’ developments
- To create the right environment within which improved outcomes for the community’s children, and young people can be delivered
What you will need
- Ongoing relevant professional development and training including Safeguarding
- Management qualification or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of models of effective interventions and delivery to improve outcomes
- Significant knowledge of Financial Regulations and Budget Management
- Experience of quality assuring practice and systems of delivery to improve outcomes and develop and promote a learning organisation
- Thorough knowledge of legal framework, statutory guidance, policy and best practice including in depth knowledge of contemporary professional supervision methods
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Ollie at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.