Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Senior Surveyor to work with one of our Housing Association clients in Sussex.
What the job will be doing
- To supervise and manage a team of Maintenance Surveyors and Void Coordinator, Team
- Administrators and Resident Liaison Officer delivering a day to day and void repairs service.
- To ensure that all properties owned and managed properties are maintained to the highest possible standards and that all statutory and regulatory requirements are met.
- To ensure staff, residents, leaseholders, managing agencies and property owners are provided with a high standard of service.
- To be the lead officer for external contracts, delivering a responsive repair and void service.
- Managing existing contractors as well as leading on mobilisation of new contracts through to being fully established.
- To prepare programmes, budgets, risk assessments, and cash flow forecasts for the responsive repair programme. Manage implementation to the highest possible quality and standards.
- To audit and review contractor’s quality audit plan and performance information to ensure quality of service is maintained and continuous improvement identified.
- To periodically review the service and make recommendations for improvement to ensure the quality of the service delivery is improved and Value for Money is achieved.
What you will need
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Building Surveyor in a maintenance environment
- Experience of line managing staff to deliver a surveying service
- Experience of working with contractors using SOR and non-SOR contracts.
- Ability to produce detailed specifications of work
- A competent knowledge of relevant and current, codes of practice, building regulations, health and safety legislation, standards and materials
- An in depth knowledge of construction and design and construction related defects and how to avoid them
- Knowledge of procurement law and different forms of contract
- Knowledge of contract management. Experience of carrying out the lead officer function.
- Strong track record of managing budgets
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Experience of analysis of data and the development of policy.
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Liam at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.