Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Senior Environmental Health Technical Officer (Housing Standards) to work with one of our Local Authority clients in Hampshire.
What the job will be doing
- Responding to housing condition complaints.
- Undertaking the statutory Housing Health and Safety Ratings assessment to determine the most appropriate enforcement measure to employ.
- Ensuring licensable and non licensable HMO’s meet relevant statutory requirements.
- Ensuring park home sites comply with relevant safety standards.
- Determining and implementing enforcement action to secure compliance with relevant housing standards legislation.
- Administering the council’s mandatory and discretionary Disabled Facilities Grants regimes.
- Responding to complaints and service requests by inspecting premises, conducting investigations and assessing and evaluating conditions.
- Assessing risks and appropriate action with reference to Housing Health and Safety Rating System.
- Providing advice and taking any necessary enforcement actions under relevant statutory and policy provisions.
- Preparing and serving informal and formal enforcement notices, preparing and giving evidence in legal proceedings and tribunals as appropriate.
- Offering advice, guidance and assistance for the adaptation of housing to meet the needs of disabled occupants.
- Advising and determining eligibility and progressing applications for mandatory and discretionary grant assistance and appropriate schedules of work by reference to appropriate legislative and policy provisions.
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Liam at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.
Repairs & Maintenance