Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Retrofit Coordinator to work with one of our Local Authority clients in East London.
What the job will be doing
- Delivering the Council’s Climate Change action plan for Housing and supporting associated governance.
- Act as the Housing Departments lead advisor on climate change and the retrofitting and improvement of the Council’s housing stock.
- Develop the Housing Departments “road map to zero carbon” undertaking stock analysis, options appraisals and pilot programmes as necessary.
- Manage the Housing Departments energy pilot projects to showcase deep retrofit.
- Develop a strategy to provide alternative heating sources (off gas) for the Councils housing stock.
- Create systems and monitor the performance of the housing stock.
- Ensure that management of the Council’s contracts supports the Council’s delivery of its zero carbon commitments and resident safety obligations, optimising commercial opportunities and extracting social value.
What you will need
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of energy efficiency, services and products, renewable energy, and climate change and carbon reduction measures.
- A good knowledge of the available government energy grants schemes.
- A good understanding of the best practice approach to carbon reduction.
- Knowledge of the retrofitting of energy measures to existing homes.
- A knowledge of building construction and/or M&E services
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Matthew Newton at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.