Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Repairs & Maintenance Operative to work with one of our Private Practice clients in Greenwich.
What the job will be doing
- Provide a responsive general repairs and maintenance service. This will include repainting or
- touching up areas, re-lamping, fixing taps, replacing broken handles, general small tool work etc.
- Work with the Building and Facilities Manger to prioritise workload to ensure all requests are dealt with in a timely manner and refer work to external contractors when appropriate
- Where required monitor contractor or third-party entities as they carryout work including the checking of valid Permits to Work and RAMS are in place, liaise with Facilities Manager for all works including tenants demise
- Provide an escort and oversee contractors and third-party entities, support with M&E contractor site visits, provide access to buildings and plant
- Report faults and place call outs with contractors as required, log all defects
- First response for building incidents, investigate fire alarm activations, make safe electrical and plumbing faults
- Management of keys, maintaining a log of all keys and implementing a sign out procedure for contractors/staff. Arrange for replacements as required
- Maintain a supply of critical spares to ensure replacement or repair works can be carried out as soon as practical
- Assist tenants and DD teams with moving furniture, cable management; movement of deliveries and set up and de-install for Events including Bureau, Canteen, Basketball Court & Pop Up Events.
- Assist in management of the basketball court, ensuring all access systems work correctly, repair and replace any fixtures, maintain court to a good standard.
- Manage procurement and purchasing of supplies and materials as required to support the repairs and maintenance service, ensuring correct storage under COSHH guidelines
- Provide administrative support to the Building and Facilities manager to enable them to complete the necessary financial procurement requirements
- Carryout general duties including fire alarm tests, emergency lighting test and other statutory tests as may be required, assisting the M&E Engineer as required
- Meter reading, BMS, access control, intercom, CCTV, plant room and riser checks
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Liam at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.
Repairs & Maintenance