Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Regional Head of Delivery – Major Works to work with one of our Housing Association clients in London.
What the job will be doing
- To direct and manage the Trust’s regional Major Works team with a clear focus on high quality, value for money, flexible and adaptable approach, contractual and legally compliant service delivery for all aspects of improvement works – including refurbishment, planned investment, mechanical and electrical works and fire safety remediation
- Lead experienced professional teams, to maintain and improve the Trust’s properties through the delivery of large-scale works programmes. To maximise the properties asset values, ensure the quality and compliance of homes and improve the comfort of residents and leaseholders, whilst ensuring minimal disruption to residents. To provide expert advice to all internal and external stakeholders and to ensure that clear and concise cost information is available for future cash flow projections. Through the management of teams, achieve the Trust’s mission and objectives and create a culture in line with company values.
- To ensure identification, programming, information management collection, procurement of contracts and delivery of a number of the Trust’s key maintenance services. This includes programmed and planned works, ad-hoc improvement projects, fire remediation and mitigation work and all other areas of compliance. Contribute to the Trust’s wider corporate initiatives and create a culture for driving change.
- Working collaboratively at all levels across the Trust to ensure delivery in areas of direct control, while supporting the wider objectives through the promoting of compliance and expert advice
- Develop relationships with, and influence, key stakeholders, partners, contractors and consultants, to ensure objectives are achieved in accordance with the Trust’s policies, contractual obligations and values.
- Prepare, manage and rigorously control budgets, demonstrating considerable commercial acumen, value for money and delivering demonstrable return on investment.
- Ensure H&S, regulatory and governance compliance for all areas under the job holder’s control. Put the H&S first in managing works programmes and ensure that works meet legislative, regulatory and recognised good practice requirements (e.g. CDM, Control of Asbestos at Work, Building Safety Act etc).
- Work with the strategic teams to develop appropriate systems for the capture of data, to allow the development and programming of the 10 year works programme
- Manage risks associated with areas under the jobholder’s control. Ensure that effective controls are in place to highlight and limit risk and risk is understood throughout the whole team. Contribute to the identification of risks as part of everyday practices and ensure adequate mitigation and control measure are implemented.
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Liam at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.
Repairs & Maintenance
Development & Regeneration