Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Property Services Manager to work with one of our Housing Association clients in London.
What the job will be doing
The post holder will ensure that the Repairs and Estate services function provides (and can demonstrate) high quality services that our customers can enjoy, at top quartile cost.
The specific functional portfolio to lead and manage includes, but is not limited to:
- The Repairs and Maintenance service to all properties within the portfolio
- Void property refurbishment
- The Gas Services contract to all properties with the stock with gas appliances
- Mechanical & Electrical Services
- Health & Safety function
- Estate, Block & Grounds services
- Contract management
- Cost and Quality Control function
- Operational support function
Respond to changing external circumstances and internal priorities by continuously driving the organisation forward and developing the capacity and effectiveness of the organisation, specifically the Repairs and Estate function within the client.
- Be a positive and passionate ambassador for our client, ensuring that effective and productive working relationships are developed and maintained with all stakeholders.
- Identify, evaluate, and contribute to opportunities to develop the services and business within our clients strategies and objectives, and contribute to the success of the department and the overall success of the organisation.
- Contribute to the development of direction, strategy, objectives, and continuous performance improvement, working with Senior Leadership colleagues and the clients Board.
- Write and present reports for Board and Committee members.
What you will need
- Degree-level education or equivalent through relevant training/experience commensurate to the role (highly desirable).
- Holds a relevant professional qualification (highly desirable).
- Holds a management qualification (desirable).
- Significant experience at senior management level within Housing, with substantial budgetary responsibility and evidence of driving forward an innovative, high quality and customer focused service in the relevant services areas.
- Knowledge of the regulatory requirements of Registered Providers is desirable.
- Experience of successful working at senior management level.
- Demonstrate evidence of building and maintaining effective, productive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Experience of devising and delivering budgets, strategies, policies, and procedures in the field of social housing.
- Up-to-date knowledge of legislative frameworks, regulatory requirements, and key issues relevant to the post.
- Experience of development and implementation of effective Health and Safety management systems.
- High level of numerical, verbal, and written skills in order to manage budgets, produce and present reports, policies, procedures etc. to the Board, Committee, staff and stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical skills in order to consider different and challenges and find workable solutions.
- Excellent leadership and motivation skills with evidence of identifying and developing high performers.
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Liam at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.
Repairs & Maintenance