Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Property Maintenance Officer to work with one of our Housing Association clients in South London.
What the job will be doing
- To deliver day to day repairs service, including assisting in Disrepair cases and major repairs
- To specify and manage void repairs in a timely manner
- To liaise with the Property Services & Asset Manager to ensure the Association’s stock is maintained to the highest possible standard and complies with legislative requirements within agreed budgetary levels
- To provide Pre and Post Inspections in line with inspection regime
- Ensure all work and projects undertaken comply with rules, policies and procedures
- Support the Property Services & Asset Manager to ensure remains compliant with all statutory, regulatory and good practice requirements including asbestos management, fire risk assessments, legionella, gas servicing, lift maintenance, CDM, right to repair, Home Standard etc.
- Understand the needs of our customer base who are largely from a BME background and ensure customer needs and aspirations are used to shape and inform service planning and delivery, contributing to sustained high levels of customer satisfaction
- Be responsible for day to day, cyclical and void works ensuring high quality services, value for money, and effective budget management
- Complete property inspections for day to day repairs, voids, mutual exchanges etc., drawing up specifications and works orders as required, ensuring quality standards are met and prices are correctly charged by contractors
- Complete pre void inspections for all void properties ensuring customers understand their responsibilities to return the property in good order and assessing in advance of the property becoming void, the likely extent of works needed and anything that could be recharged.
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Liam at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.
Repairs & Maintenance