Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Principle Surveyor (Development Management) to work with one of our Local Authority clients in London.
What the job will be doing
- Providing general advice on the potential of operational assets to optimise use; drive efficiencies and generate income
- Supporting client departments in identifying deliverable property solutions to ensure effective service delivery to include the refurbishment or redevelopment of existing property; relocation; expansion and the appraisal of alternative sites.
- Initiating and leading on the delivery of feasibility studies on behalf of client departments including developing project briefs; procuring and managing external consultants; preparing development appraisals
- Identifying surplus property assets; drafting proposals to maximise returns and appropriate marketing strategies for surplus properties
- Negotiating head of terms for all agreements necessary to support the development cycle including development agreements; licences for access/alterations; and leases. Instructing solicitors to completion.
- Supporting the Head of Corporate Development Management and Project Teams throughout the project cycle and managing external consultants as appropriate to ensure timely delivery
What you will need
- A qualification to Chartered Professional status i.e. A Member of the RICS and a RICS Registered Valuer
- Sufficient, relevant work experience associated with working at an equivalent level of knowledge and expertise of the commercial property asset management and valuation disciplines
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Ethan Mooney at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.
Development & Regeneration