Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Building Surveyor to work with one of our Local Authority clients in Surrey.
What the job will be doing
- Ensure that surveying activities and building works are carried out in accordance with all relevant legislation and council policies
- Ensure documentation relating to projects and task are kept up to date in electronic format and saved on the Concerto Asset database
- Ensure that value for money is demonstrated in the procurement of works, supplies and services
- Work with the Lead Building Surveying to procure major contracts and provide relevant information
- Provide accurate and timely information to enable cost, quality and service performance to be measured through KPIs
- Contribute to the increasing energy efficiency measures across the councils operational and investment portfolio by approaching a sustainable approach to building maintenance
- Contribute towards the Teams Business Plan on an annual basis
- Provide cover for the Lead building surveyor when absent
- Carrying out all duties in a safe and proper manner in accordance with the Council’s Health and Safety policy and working with the Council compliance officer to ensure safe practices
What you will need
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. MRICS, MCIOB, CEng) or technician qualification (HNC Degree or equivalent)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD or similar drawing software Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of undertaking building surveying, contract procurement, contract administration and project management activities in similar environment
- Experience of working with contractors, consultants and external agencies Experience of effect diagnosis and identifying solution
- Experience of monitoring contract and service budgets, cost analysis and cost reporting
- Experience of managing contractors quality and performance including performance management in the context of service contracts, able to establish and be able to monitor effective KPIs and take action to correct under- performance
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Liam at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.
Repairs & Maintenance