Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Neighbourhood Officer (General Needs) to work with one of our Housing Association clients in Surrey.
What the job will be doing
- To work with customers at allocation stage including viewings and sign ups and throughout the tenancy to ensure relevant support and safeguarding is given to them to sustain their tenancies.
- To successfully manage and enforce tenancy conditions through positive engagement, balancing support and tenancy action, including taking relevant court action where necessary.
- Complete pre-void and the end of tenancy process to ensure a streamlined service
- Effectively manage and resolve resident contact logged through our internal contact management system.
- Actively seek community engagement opportunities to identify scope for community improvements and opportunities and deliver and support community-based events to improve neighbourhoods.
What you will need
- Understanding of relevant housing law
- Experience of handling difficult customers and situations in a compassionate and
- sensitive manner
- Good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a housing sector
- Qualifications at GCSE level, BTEC, GNVQ Intermediate, NVQ Level 2 or equivalent.
- Proven record of dealing with vulnerable individuals in complex situations
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Ollie at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.