Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for two Building Surveyors to work with one of our Housing Association clients in South London.
What the job will be doing
- Deliver an effective & efficient Repairs & Maintenance service at an operational level to include a regionally based professional surveying service, disrepair works, Major/Complex Works, FRA, responsive repairs, voids and aids and adaptations.
- Prepare and carry out diagnostic inspections, surveys & technical reports in accordance with Group practice. Providing accurate technical advice with competent & thorough surveys/post-inspections.
- Identifies and manages insurance claims ensuring most economically advantageous outcome for the organisation. To include, property inspections, managing decants, liaising with loss adjusters/insurance team.
- Technical lead within the Housing team during the handover of any new developments to ensure quality control through to completion and the end of defects.
- Effective and efficiently control budgetary spend of approx. £2m within individual area of operation, ensuring revenue and capital spend are recorded accurately. Review invoices and requests for payment from contractors, challenge and resolve submissions where required.
- Deliver and effectively manage legal disrepair claims and Environmental Health Orders in line with group process and provide detailed reports, and manage complex repairs to an agreed outcome to protect Clients interests.
- Ensure effective liaison with in-house service provider, M&E contractors and external sub-contractor staff to ensure the delivery of a top quartile service in line with industry standards, schedule of Rates, operational regulatory framework, health & safety (including asbestos)
- Management and coordination of empty properties to ensure minimal rental loss and maximum return.
- Carry out major void inspections, ensuring void works are completed to Clients lettable standard against key performance indicators and providing detailed costing for the Options Appraisal’s.
- Ensure delivery of all works in line with all compliance requirements and promotion of the organisation’s Health & Safety policy and legislation, all personal risk assessments completed/reviewed and relevant action taken to mitigate risk.
- Maintaining excellent customer satisfaction by taking ownership and demonstrating proactive collaborative working with repairs providers
- Ensure all ongoing professional and personal development is updated.
What you will need
- Diploma in Surveying, Property and Maintenance Level 3
- Membership of a relevant professional body e.g. RICS or CIOB
- Knowledge of the Social Housing Sector and awareness of its regulations
- A demonstrable knowledge of building construction, building standards, planning regulations, regulatory standards, health & safety and other legislation relevant to asset management.
- Knowledge of financial management and controls within a contractor management and day to day repairs delivery context and ability to flag adverse spend and mitigate risks of overspends.
- Knowledge of effective professional surveying service for responsive repairs, voids and aids and adaptations to high levels of customer satisfaction
- Understanding of data management and Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint IT systems.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written with colleagues, residents, service providers, contractors, consultants and other stakeholders
- Effective liaison skills with staff, residents, service providers, contractors and consultants
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Management of small projects and an understanding of CDMC
- Ability to work in a changing environment with conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Ability to follow procedures, plan and prioritise
- Ability to write and present technical reports
- Negotiating skills
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Liam at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.
Repairs & Maintenance