Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Lead Building Surveyor to work with one of our Local Authority clients in Surrey.
What the job will be doing
- Prepare cost estimates for works and services; provide cost information to assist in budget preparation
- Plan, procure and manage specific contracts and services for the routine maintenance of our property asset base within budget and with legislation and good practices.
- Ensure allocated service request area actioned promptly and work orders are raised as appropriate. Ensure that responsive tasks are fully resolved, and service users are kept informed
- Regularly monitor actual and forecast spend against allocated projects and jobs.
- Establish clear performance standards and measures for projects and contracts managed.
- Ensure that contractors are managed effectively and monitor and report performance and take prompt action to address issues
- Keep up to date records on Concerto software
- Provide professional and technical building surveying advice to colleagues and building users and others
- Ensure that all works are undertaken as part of the five-year condition survey programme of works for all property assets, in accordance with the approved programme of works and lead on the next rotation of condition surveys
- Where appropriate to work with the compliance and sustainability officer to promote a sustainable approach to building maintenance and increase the energy efficiency of our property portfolio. At the same time to ensure that all properties comply with H&S legislation.
- Assist where appropriate with the facilities management of the whole of the RBC commercial and operational estate
- Be part of out of hours duty role for the organisation
What you will need
- Ensure that surveying activities and building works are carried out in accordance with all relevant legislation and council policies
- Ensure documentation relating to projects and task are kept up to date in electronic format and saved on the Concerto Asset database
- Ensure that value for money is demonstrated in the procurement of works, supplies and services
- Work with the Lead Building Surveying to procure major contracts and provide relevant information
- Provide accurate and timely information to enable cost, quality and service performance to be measured through KPIs
- Contribute to the increasing energy efficiency measures across the councils operational and investment portfolio by approaching a sustainable approach to building maintenance
- Contribute towards the Teams Business Plan on an annual basis
- Provide cover for the Lead building surveyor when absent
- Carrying out all duties in a safe and proper manner in accordance with the Council’s Health and Safety policy and working with the Council compliance officer to ensure safe practices
- To provide out of hours emergency call out, for all Council owned properties including at evenings, weekends, and Bank Holidays.
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Liam at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.
Repairs & Maintenance