Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for an Income Officer to work with one of our Housing Association clients in South London.
What the job will be doing
- Maximise the organisation’s income by taking an early intervention, collaborative, approach with tenants who have fallen into rent arrears to prevent the accrual of arrears of rent and other property related charges.
- Be responsible for following each step of the arrears procedure up to court action including attending home visits/virtual meetings and setting up repayment plans to reduce arrears and helping tenants to take control of their finances.
- Submit cases for Court and Tribunals recovery action.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with tenants to set clear expectations, actions and results. Using my knowledge of welfare benefits to understand the likely impact on the individual.
- Administrate the Garage lettings and rents programme. Ensuring that the number of residents on the waiting list and the number of vacant garages are minimised through the effective letting of all available units.
- Promote and encourage involvement opportunities ensuring that residents have the opportunity to influence the services provided. Promote shareholding membership and Gold membership.
- Take measures to eliminate fraud in all my work by following policies and procedures and recording and reporting any concerns that I have.
What you will need
- Experience and sound knowledge of the Income sector
- Knowledge of Orchard systems
- Experience working with arrears
- Be familiar with and act at all times in compliance with the Housing Associations values, policies, procedures, standing orders and financial regulations
- Carry out other duties within the scope and spirit of the job, and in accordance with the level of the post, as required
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Ollie at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.