Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Housing Solutions Officer to work with one of our Local Authority clients in Kent.
What the job will be doing
- To develop and apply innovative solutions to deliver early interventions and to prevent homelessness by providing tailored housing advice, information and ongoing support to those in housing need to minimise the numbers in temporary accommodation.
- To work collaboratively with other housing teams and Council departments, Local Authorities colleagues, Registered Providers, and external partners to achieve the best outcomes for customers and meet the Division’s key objectives and performance indicators.
- To investigate, assess and advise customers under a statutory duty, in line with Housing Act 1996 (Part VI and Part VII), as amended by the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017, Homeless Code of Guidance and all other relevant and/or associated legislation.
- Provide excellent customer service and casework for vulnerable people showing care and compassion, identifying, and working to address any risks, support needs and personal goals as well as finding solutions to their housing needs, through holistic, fair, and accessible service delivery.
What you will need
- A proven ability to conduct sensitive interviews for vulnerable people, assess circumstances according to legislation and policy, and to provide appropriate housing advice, options and solutions.
- Good understanding of complex problems faced by people in housing need to deliver risk management, risk aversion and support planning.
- Education to degree level or suitable relevant experience
- Excellent case management and record keeping skills, ability to make full use of IT systems
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Ollie at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.