Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Housing Options Officer to work with one of our Local Authority clients in Dorset.
What the job will be doing
- To assess the Council’s housing duty to those applying for housing; as homeless or
threatened with homelessness, in accordance with statute and Council policy and working procedures.
- As a member of a committed team, provide person centred housing options advice and
support with a focus on preventing homelessness
- Carry out wide ranging complex and sensitive meetings with vulnerable households,
applying technical knowledge to assist and resolve housing needs where you can
- To hold a caseload & carry out detailed legal assessments of applications for housing,
making decisions on all aspects of housing or homelessness applications including
verification, eligibility, housing need and support
What you will need
- Significant experience of providing excellent customer service and specialist, professional advice to people with housing problems
- Enhanced Criminal Records Check (DBS)
- Understanding of the needs of homeless households and the causes of homelessness
- Ability to recognize issues relating to Adult safeguarding, child protection and domestic
- Experience of working for a range of different vulnerable clients (e.g. victims of domestic
abuse, mental health, offenders, substance misuse, young people, learning or other
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Ollie at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.