Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Housing Options Officer to work with one of our Local Authority clients in London.
What the job will be doing
- To provide comprehensive housing options and support advice and information to all callers requiring assistance because they are in housing need.
- To carry out comprehensive assessments of the housing and support needs of people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- To undertake home visits including on an emergency basis, with the aim of preventing homelessness, and delivering support to vulnerable people to sustain accommodation
- As directed by the Senior Housing Options and Support Officer to take the lead in developing links with specific agencies, including providing outreach housing support services
What you will need
- Significant experience of providing excellent customer service and specialist, professional advice to people with housing problems
- Enhanced Criminal Records Check (DBS)
- Understanding of the needs of homeless households and the causes of homelessness
- Ability to recognize issues relating to Adult safeguarding, child protection and domestic abuse
- Experience of working for a range of different vulnerable clients (e.g. victims of domestic abuse, mental health, offenders, substance misuse, young people, learning or other disabilities)
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Ollie at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.