Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Housing Officer (Rental Income) to work with one of our Housing associations in Oxfordshire
What the job will be doing
- Be responsible for the collection and management of rental income against set targets and procedures.
- Handle enquiries from tenants, keeping them informed at all times of progress in relation to their accounts and queries.
- Be aware of current legislation relating to housing and Welfare Reform, and how access to welfare benefits may affect ability to pay rent.
- Identify households in need of specialist support and work collaboratively with the Welfare Benefit, Tenancy Support services or wider agencies to help tenants to sustain their tenancy.
- Take the appropriate legal action in relation to cases of arrears. Attending court and evictions as necessary.
- Deliver against the association’s financial inclusion activities, including supporting access to digital training and routes into employment.
What you will need
- Experience in housing management, rental income recovery or similar services (including legal experience).
- Experience of managing casework.
- The ability to create good relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Well versed in housing and welfare benefit issues.
- Ability to work to performance targets and monitor own performance.
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Joshua at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.