Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Housing Officer to work with one of our Housing associations in Somerset
What the job will be doing
- Providing high quality tenancy and housing management services to vulnerable adults who may have learning disability, physical disability, mental health issue and/or homeless.
- Working in partnership with tenants their care/support providers and local authorities to ensure tenants sign up to the necessary tenancy agreements, provide the relevant documentation to submitted compliant housing benefit applications. Ensure submitted housing benefit applications are promptly approved and in payment.
- Conducting regular health and fire safety checks.
- Promptly report any property repairs and maintenance issues to the Property Management team and ensure they are resolved to the tenant’s satisfaction.
- Ensure tenant queries and complaints are managed to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Working closely with tenants, the care/support providers, and appointees to avoid and manage tenancy termination/evictions.
What you will need
- Experience of working within either a housing or care setting
- Good understanding of tenancy law
- Experience of housing and tenancy management
- Good understanding of the housing benefit system
- Understanding the importance of housing standards in particular compliance around health & safety and fire checks within social housing
- Experience of liaising and building relationships with Local Authorities and other external agencies
- Good standard of education with good literacy, numeracy and IT skills
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Ollie at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.