Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Home Ownership Officer to work with one of our Housing associations in Berkshire
What the job will be doing
- To oversee and manage a range of shared ownership, leasehold private residential, and commercial rented properties delivering high levels of customer satisfaction and where appropriate target yields.
- Responsible for letting commercial and private residential properties and effectively managing rent arrears to maximise the organisation’s income stream.
- Conduct regular estate inspections reporting issues to mitigate potential health and safety risks to customers, comply with statutory legislation and protect the organisation from litigation.
- To support the s.20 consultation process with residents, liaising with Finance and Asset Management Teams to resolve queries and provide clear and transparent information.
- To investigate initial reports of leaseholder antisocial behaviour taking reports of low-level issues, dealing with sensitive situations, taking responsibility for their customer and health and safety.
- To liaise with Repairs Centre and Contractor on completed jobs and assist with quality inspection of completed works in response to leasehold statement queries.
- Assisting Leaseholders with setting up and supporting resident associations. Undertake investigations into breach of lease and instigate or recommend enforcements.
- To ensure that leasehold enquiries or complaints are recorded and responded to within agreed practices
What you will need
- Significant experience of working in a private property management, shared ownership or social housing environment.
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to effectively prioritise and organise a varied workload.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel).
- Solution focused with strong negotiation skills to successfully resolve complex property issues.
- Proven knowledge of relevant regulations, legislation and good practice.
- Ability to drive with a clean driving licence and access to a roadworthy car.
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Joshua at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.