Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Head of Major Works to work with one of our Housing Association clients in East London.
What the job will be doing
- Take overall responsibility for managing the capital programme from inception to completion to a high level of construction excellence.
- Manage diverse teams of technical staff, consultants, and building contractors to ensure our annual objectives are met, that the terms of our contracts are complied with and good value of money is achieved
- Work with a diverse range of stakeholders to develop clear project briefs, governance and reporting frameworks, and performance monitoring throughout the lifecycle of capital projects.
- Work with the Commercial and Contracts manager to ensure that accurate spend forecasts and budgets are prepared as part of the monitoring process
What you will need
- Experience of managing various contracts including JCT, PPC and NEC
- Experience of managing capital projects and programmes in excess of £50m per annum
- Able to lead and deliver under pressure of time, budget and customer involvement at all times
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Matthew Newton at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.