Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Fire Risk Assessor to work with one of our Local Authority clients in London.
What the job will be doing
- Willing to work with current team members and work with them to mentor them and share their experience
- Expected to input on current FRA template and make improvements where necessary and work on improving processes/policies
- To be responsible to the team manager and for day to day management of the health and safety of building projects, maintenance contracts and fire risk assessments across the borough.
- The allocation of work to property services officers/supervisors or external contractors/sub-contractors. To be responsible or established standards of work, cost, allocated building maintenance, building construction or related works within the team.
- Surveying or building experience preferably with some knowledge of the principles of Fire Safety in Purpose built blocks of flats.
- Training will be provided as a minimum requirement to carry out fire risk assessments.
- Knowledge of BS 9999, Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) 2005 and PAS 79.
- Knowledge of contract law, statutory regulations, guidelines, British standards and their implementation in relation to refurbishment and maintenance contracts.
- Ability to supervise and support a team of staff and contractors.
- Ability to plan and manage work to implement programmes and meet targets set by the Team Manager.
What you will need
- Qualified fire risk assessor
- Need to be a member of IFE
- Experience of working with complex social housing tenanted blocks
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Liam at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.
Repairs & Maintenance
Development & Regeneration