Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Facilities Manager – Soft Services to work with one of our Local Authority clients in Surrey.
What the job will be doing
- To deliver excellent facilities management across the estate to ensure that the Civic Centre provides a high-quality environment for staff, members, visitors and any other occupiers of the building whilst ensuring an efficient, cost effective and increasingly energy efficient building.
- Lead by example with a hands-on visibility, work with the Property Portfolio Manager and the Asset Management and Property Services team to promote an operational vision that is relevant and benefitting to the occupiers and visitors of the building.
- Responsible for planning and ensuring existing contractual agreements deliver high
- quality services and ongoing value for money, with budgetary responsibility up to £500,000. The role will require effective performance and relationship management skills along with the ability to deploy commercial strategies in a way that contributes to the delivery of the Council’s Corporate Strategy and Business Plan.
- Support the property team in the monitoring of services across the estate including reactive and planned maintenance along with helping identify and managing plant replacement through life-cycle management.
- To manage complex capital projects on time and within the allocated budget for the council and stakeholders including internal and external moves within the council’s property portfolio.
- Support the Property Portfolio Manager to continuously improve the relationship with service departments by ensuring that effective and responsive service is provided and understanding the current and future needs of services.
- Lead in the efficient running of the Civic Centre and ensure robust performance management is in place for all soft facility services (in excess of £500,000) by developing and maintaining effective audit trails for all procurement, contract management and performance related information in relation to contract management.
- Manage and supervise facilities and contract staff including recruitment, induction,
- training, performance management etc.
- Lead with the support from the Property Compliance Officer the successful implementation of health and safety legislation, policies and practices to ensure the building is statutory compliant with appropriate regulations and legislation.
- Implement a risk management programme and advise the Property Portfolio Manager on issues affecting facility service areas.
- Assist and implement actions arising from the Asset Management Plan along with the preparation of annual budgets for facilities and contracts.
- Manage complex out of hours responses for the organisation to professional or politically sensitive issues and provide advice and guidance to Heads of Services and CMB as appropriate.
- Procure external advisors (as required) and effectively manage them to ensure value for money.
- Provide advice to CMB, Officers and Councillors on facilities and contract management.
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Liam at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.
Repairs & Maintenance