Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Building Surveyor to work with one of our Housing Association clients in London.
What the job will be doing
- Cover Trust properties primarily in Area 3 to undertake regular estate and property inspections initiating remedial actions where necessary.
- Identify H&S issues, structural defects, repairs and improvements that are needed and recommend specification for implementation as well as engage and manage contractors.
- Carry out pre inspections to identify and specify remedial works to internal dwellings as well as carry out post inspections to ensure that all works complies with the Trust’s standards before payment or reporting back on non-compliance with recommendations.
- Manage the processes around third party requests such as aids and adaptations, tenant improvements, party wall, boundary issues, insurance claims, planning applications and any other technical matters relating to the Trust’s property assets.
- Manage and deliver the Trust’s voids and void contractors in primarily Area 3, ensuring repairs and upgrades are undertaken to a high quality and in a timely manner to maximise income.
- To be responsible for maintaining records, providing regular updates on performance and quality standards, reviewing the effectiveness of repairs, deal with complaints and to promote continuous improvement.
- Specify, tender and project manage planned works and ensure delivery within timescales and budget.
- To support the effective management and monitoring of health and safety, by ensuring the clear demonstration of compliance with all relevant regulations in order to meet our legal obligations.
- To provide a professional, technical and practical building surveying approach in the delivery of all surveying functions on behalf of the Trust to ensure that legal and statutory obligations are met.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the salary of the role.
- This is a home based position with extensive travel involved.
- Attend regular team meetings (approx 6 times per annum) at any of Trust’s estates as well as occasional training sessions in ADH including induction.
What you will need
- Capable to diagnose and provide technical solutions in varied building maintenance matters (damp, structural defects etc)
- Proven knowledge and experience in building safety and all aspects of H&S
- Evidence of dealing with disrepair cases
- Evidence of delivering value for money, efficiency and service improvement
- Customer focused, good communicator with excellent problem solving skills including dealing with customer complaints
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- IT literate in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role
- Formal qualification (minimum HNC) in building related discipline
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.