Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for an Estate Services Officer to work with one of our Housing Association clients in South London.
What the job will be doing
- Ensure estates, streets and sites are cleaned and kept safe in line with contractual agreements.
- Arrange the removal of graffiti and washing down of other areas upon instruction.
- Arrange access to all properties, communal areas for contractors and statutory authorities as required.
- Undertake utility meter reading of all landlord meters as and when required, ensuring landlord utilities on new properties are registered with appropriate companies.
- Ensure any breaches of tenancy in relation to communal areas are documented, photographed and reported to the Neighbourhood Services team for action.
- Carry pre and posts inspections of communal repairs as requested for the Repairs Team.
- Ensure estate service standards are met or exceeded, ensuring the designated health and safety and weekly inspections programme for communal areas are actioned and correctly reported back to the appropriate team within.
- Weekly inspections of Playgrounds carried out ensuring maintenance and health and safety requirements are met.
- Undertake monthly inspections of all garage areas, reporting abandoned vehicles and hazards to the appropriate team within.
- Ensure any repairs carried out are recorded on Northgate.
- Provide a basic responsive repair service where practical, keeping a diary of repairs undertaken, and escalating unresolved repairs to the Technical Surveyors or the Repairs Team.
- Monitor refuse on estate and communal areas, ensuring the removal of small and bulky rubbish including abandoned vehicles, within agreed timescales.
- Assist elderly and disabled tenants with minor repairs.
- Work alongside colleagues to ensure all required health and safety checks including annual risk assessments are undertaken and actioned.
- Provide second tier response to tenant emergencies including out of hours, checking emergency repairs, providing emergency access and making safe where possible. Refer unresolved repairs to relevant contractor and Senior Estate Services Officer and when necessary Network Homes Asset Management team.
- Receive all incoming supplies and distribute to store areas and ensure stocks are replaced. Keep all store areas in a clean and tidy condition.
- Move stock, furniture, and equipment in line with procedures.
- Inspect drains, gullies and guttering, and report where issues.
- Ensure lifts are cleaned and checked during monthly inspections and ad-hoc inspections reporting any lift breakdowns in accordance with the Lift Rescue Procedure. Minor lighting repairs e.g. lamps to be carried out by Estate Services Officer, subject to health and safety requirement being met.
- Ensure estate and communal lighting is working as required and report other faults to the appropriate contractor.
- Assist with the supervision and monitoring of cleaning, ground maintenance, and repair contractors, liaising with the Repairs Team to ensure an effective service.
- Ensure all fire-fighting equipment is kept free from obstructions and fire doors are kept shut and are working.
What you will need
- Good basic knowledge, trade skills i.e. changing locks, repairs to door frames, trace remedy leaks, painting decorating etc. (E)
- Basic knowledge of and ability to carry out checks of estate and street properties in line with health and safety and property maintenance procedures. (E)
- Good understanding of Social Housing. (D)
- An understanding of health and safety issues.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and have a sympathetic and helpful approach to residents. (E)
- Demonstrate self-motivation and enthusiasm. (E)
- Good written and verbal communication skills. (E)
- Ability to work on own or as part of a team including the ability to work effectively with contractors. (E)
- Ability to use machinery. (E)
- Good level of all round fitness.
- Current driving licence. (E)
- Flexible and able to vary routine when required. (E)
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Liam at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.
Repairs & Maintenance