Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for an Energy Management Officer to work with one of our Local Authority clients in Surrey.
What the job will be doing
- This is a key post within property Services ensuring council is on target to achieve net zero carbon emissions by 2050 in line with Government legislation and our social responsibility as a local authority. The post holder will assist in calculating the councils carbon footprint and how the best use of fuel and power conservation technologies may be utilised to reduce emissions while ensuring accurate energy management data is maintained.
- To work collaboratively across the organisation in particular with the Green Infrastructure Team on the Council’s sustainability agenda as well as externally with key partners including the Council’s wholly owned energy company.
- Energy supply chains will be reviewed, and best value sought while ensuring sustainable power generating initiatives are monitored for new and emerging solutions to emission reductions.
- Procurement and management of energy contracts across the Council’s estate
- The Energy Management Officer will act as expert on all energy systems and guide efficiency improvements across the Council owned corporate stock. Engagement with a range of stakeholders will be required and the ability to offer advice and have direct input on any queries that may arise from both technical and non-technical enquiries.
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Liam at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.
Development & Regeneration
Energy & Sustainability