Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Contract Officer to work with one of our Housing Association clients in Kent.
What the job will be doing
- To co-ordinate the day to day running of the contract, encompassing the planning of works and managing the performance and delivery to the required contract specification. Assisting the Senior Contract Manager where necessary to deliver the requirements of the Contract.
- Have a focus on safety first with all risks identified immediately escalated to the Senior Contract Manager
- Provide regular updates and support to Senior Contract Manager on contracts outcomes against programme
- Undertake regular audit of contract related information
- Collate, analyse, monitor and report on KPIs within the contractual frameworks
- Provide financial Monitoring support and analysis to Senior Contract manager
- Regular monitoring of CRM Task Management
- Monitor and report on contract management meeting actions
- Take on specific projects as required
- Support delivery teams in responding to written and phone enquires and update CRM as necessary.
- Processing works orders, completions, process for payments or inspection requests in accordance with the policies and procedures and respond to general queries relating to proposed and confirmed works
- Assist in the provision of information for the database for Stock Condition, Asbestos, Fire Risk Assessment and any other areas as required.
- Carry out other support tasks such as word processing, processing correspondence, specifications and providing general support to the Property Team.
- Manage a budget of 100K per contract and works associated with it
- 100% Building Safety Delivery
- >94% meeting our repairs promise
- Programmes delivered on time
- Complaints completed on time and case notes updated
What you will need
- Proven project management or contract experience
- Detailed knowledge of using a variety of JCT and partnering contracts
- Ability to communicate and influence contractors, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Proven influencing and negotiating skills to resolve problems
- Sound judgement and prioritisation skills
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, under pressure and deliver projects on time, within budget and to the required standard
- Experience of dealing effectively with customer complaints and able to demonstrate an understanding of what provides excellent customer service.
- The ability to work as part of a team, along with the ability to prioritise the workload of self and others.
- ICT skills, competent with word packages including Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels
- Must hold a valid UK driving license and have own vehicle for business use.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent including English and Maths
- Any relevant NVQ or other similar qualification desirable – e.g. in Customer Service, word processing, RSA II or equivalent Business Administration
- Desirable educated to an HNC / HND or equivalent level in Building, or Construction related subject or relevant experience
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Liam at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.
Repairs & Maintenance