Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Compliance Surveyor to work with one of our Housing Association clients in Mid Kent
What the job will be doing
- To work as part of the Contracts and Compliance Team to provide effective monitoring and contract management of essential health & safety compliance specialising in fire risk assessments and legionella control whilst providing an effective customer focused service.
- Carry out general surveying duties such as visiting tenanted and empty properties, diagnosing repairs and preparing specifications of work.
- To ensure customer contact is achieved within set timescales, including taking telephone calls and responding to e-mails/letters
- Carry out fire risk assessments
- Help to maintain an effective fire risk monitoring spreadsheet
- Ensure fire remedial work is issued to contractors and that the work is prioritised and tracked until completion
- Ensure legionella risk assessments and water testing is carried out as necessary
- Help to maintain an effective legionella monitoring spreadsheet
- Ensure any outstanding legionella testing and remedial is issued to contractors and that the work is prioritised and tracked until completion
- Deal with legal disrepair cases and respond to solicitor’s enquiries as necessary
- Deal with day to day repair enquiries as required
- To participate in customer engagement and feedback with a view to continuous improvement
- To liaise with other departments/staff/outside agencies as appropriate
- Visit tenanted and empty properties, diagnosing repair defects and issue orders to contractors as necessary
- Ensure that all works are within budget and completed within agreed timescales
- General support for the Contracts & Compliance Team
- To participate in training, following identification of needs through a training needs analysis
- To be committed to work towards gaining a technical qualification such as a diploma in building construction, BSC in Building surveying and working towards gaining a professional qualification such as RICS or CIOB.
- Be available out of hours on a rota basis to deal with enquiries when contracted by the out of hours company
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Liam at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.
Repairs & Maintenance