Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Compliance Specialist to work with one of our Local Authority clients in Kent.
What the job will be doing
- Adhere to the council’s safeguarding policies and procedures and undertake relevant training in order to help protect children and vulnerable adults within the district.
- To comply with legislation, council policies and procedures including the Data Protection Act, Freedom of Information Act, Information Security Policy, the Code of Conduct for Officers and to participate in any Emergency Planning activities as required.
- To actively demonstrate the values and behaviours of the council.
- To ensure our customers are valued by taking into account their views and needs in all that we do
- To contribute to the development and achievement of relevant corporate and service objectives by suggesting ideas for service improvements.
- To communicate openly and honestly with colleagues, members and customers.
- To undergo any training necessary to be able to fulfil the requirements of the job.
- To carry out other duties commensurate with the grade, skills, experience and qualifications of the post holder as directed and as may be required from time to time.
What you will need
- Building or Surveying qualification – HNC, HND or equivalent
- Professional qualification in a property related discipline, either as a mechanical electrical engineer, chartered surveyor or quantity surveyor
- Demonstrable experience of statutory landlord compliance and servicing programmes in the social housing sector or similar operating environment
- In depth experience and understanding of at least one key area of compliance and a willingness to learn about others e.g. fire, legionella, gas, electric, lifts
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of contracting relationships, compliance, quality standards and relationship management
- Thorough working knowledge of building engineering services installations, defects, maintenance and servicing regimes and the identification of the most effective repair solution
- Demonstrable knowledge of European and UK contract law
- Demonstrable understanding of health & safety compliance, statutory landlord obligations and industry best practice
- Experience of direct management of property, maintenance and investment related contracts within a public sector / social housing organization or similar environment
- Broad demonstrable experience of managing a variety of maintenance and service contracts operating within a continuous improvement and value for money context
- Demonstrable knowledge of procurement procedures
- Demonstrable experience of delivering effective collaborative team working and building effective relationships with both internal teams and external customers and partners
- Experience of operating MS Office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Liam at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.