Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Compliance Officer – Gas & Electric to work with one of our Housing Association clients in Kent.
What the job will be doing
- To lead and the subject matter expert on the compliance areas of Gas, Electric and Asbestos. Ensure programmes all are delivered on time to required quality and standard. Ensure compliance with contract conditions and health and safety regulations.
- Have a focus on safety first with all risks identified immediately escalated to the Head of Property Audit
- Support contract management of services for Gas, Electric and Asbestos such as inspection, testing and installations and carry out pre/post inspections.
- Review audits ensuring that they are up to date and all priority actions and recommendations are implemented within recommended time frames.
- Ensure action tracking systems/ databases are always kept up to date in an auditable way, providing datasets and reports on performance.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate performance against targets for all contracts allocated.
- Ensure that inspection reports and certificates are appropriately stored on the document management and compliance management systems.
- Complete site audits to ensure 100% compliance
- Ensure that client achieves 100 % building safety assurance
- Ensure that the importance of data accuracy and integrity is communicated to contract owners
- Ensure the asbestos register is kept up to date and information is available to contractors
- Ensure all waste licences are provided and stored
- Building Safety 100% including Electric, Gas and Asbestos
- No outstanding actions
- Upper quartile customer satisfaction
- Programmes delivered on time
- Performance Indicator reporting data 100% accurate
What you will need
- A relevant building safety related professional qualification e.g. IOSH, supported by continuing professional memberships and evidence of keeping professional knowledge and skills up to date
- Full driving licence
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive and well-disciplined
- Ability to work within tight deadlines while under pressure and able to deliver programmes on time, within budget and performance target
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and influence contractors, colleagues and other stakeholders both orally and in written reports.
- Be organised and have a methodical approach to work
- Be attentive to detail when checking work
- Be able to manage a busy workload
- Ability to analyse and evaluate data
- Excellent ICT skills, competent with word packages including Excel and comfortable using mobile device.
- Good numeracy and literacy
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Liam at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.