Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Clerk of Works to work with one of our Local Authority clients in East Sussex.
What the job will be doing
- Ensuring the clients requirements set out in project drawings, prelims, preambles, specifications and schedules of work are understood by the construction team and the desired outcomes are delivered.
- Carrying out regular scheduled and non scheduled site inspections to undertake visual inspections of works that are in progress or works that are at completion stage or at the end of defects liability periods.
- Taking site measurements and samples to ensure that the workmanship and materials being deployed by the supply chain meets the quality and design standards set out in the contract documents and building regulations.
- Ensure specifications and designs are fit for purpose for their intended application and environment making recommendations where appropriate for alternative materials or installation methods.
- Have a good working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements for construction and in particular the Construction Design and Management regulations (CDM). Bring any shortfalls identified to the attention of the constructor and contract administrator.
What you will need
- Designs for traditional and non traditional housing.
- Building Pathology
- Health and Safety including CDM Regulations
- Building and Planning Regulations
- Construction methods, materials and standards
- Contract law and standard forms of contract such as JCT
- Supervising standards on refurbishment and new build projects
- Working as part of a design and construction team
- Negotiating settlements through dispute resolution procedures
- Recommending alternative materials and methods
- Undertaking methodical and detailed site inspections
- Compiling weekly progress reports for contract administrators and client
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Liam at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.
Repairs & Maintenance