Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Building Surveyor (Healthy Homes & Energy Efficiency) to work with one of our Housing Association clients in London.
What the job will be doing
- Support the Healthy Homes & Energy Efficiency Team by carrying out the more detailed inspections and surveys to manage any defects and latent defect issues. Reviewing detailed reports carried out by contractors and reviewing the recommendations and work needed.
- Implementing and managing the completion of any works needed from contractors’ reports. This will also include liaison with internal departments and external contractors, providing specialist technical support to the Healthy Homes & Energy Efficiency Team and the wider DM operation and to the regions. Prepare detailed specifications for tender purposes and for tackling latent defects, insurance claims, to evaluate projects and project manage the works to completion.
- Provide cost details and projections. Produce value for money evaluations/reports and to inspect for quality and customer satisfaction.
- Provide detailed technical support where required, based on outturns and requests from our database, reports and DM management. Carry out detailed property surveys, supplementary pre and post work inspections, provide technical advice, value for money reports, property condition reports, minor insurance claims, property adaptations and to provide works specifications supporting the Healthy Homes & Energy Efficiency Team
- Ensure delivery of the Trust’s objectives by working collaboratively with all Trust teams specifically Housing Services, Direct Maintenance, Service Delivery Teams, Leasehold Management, Revenue, Service Charge Team, Supported living, Caretakers and Development
- Work with a variety of stakeholders and partners specifically, , In-House and external Legal team, Neighbourhood committees, Contractors, Loss Adjusters, Insurers, Consultants/ Engineers and Development.
- Management of project budgets, delegated accountability.
- Ensure compliance in respect of governance and adherence to relevant statutory and regulatory provisions around service delivery, ensuring cost effectiveness and avoidance of fraud. To ensure that contract terms and promised deliverables are adhered to.
- Maintain the necessary relevant Trust records and systems (Arena, DRS, D365, Keystone) providing accurate reports on the service, complaints, and contractor performance. Ensure your work is delivered in accordance with policies, procedures and standing orders.
- Manage risks associated with the role, specifically around budget utilisation of fragmented projects, ensuring consistent approach and quality of service. To monitor and prevent Fraud, service delivery, lone working, health and safety and contractor performance
What you will need
- Excellent knowledge of building construction methods
- Excellent building surveying skills, in particular relating to building defects and dilapidations
- Experience in a housing environment
- Experience in general Health and Safety practices
- Experience of liaison with local resident groups
- Understanding of contract law and housing law
- Experience in managing Legal Disrepair claims and the use of the Disrepair Protocol
- Demonstrable experience of delivering high quality, efficient delivering housing maintenance services
- Experience of monitoring financial budgets including project budgetary control
- Understanding of fraud prevention
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Liam at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.
Repairs & Maintenance