Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Building Surveyor to work with one of our Private Practice clients in Devon and Cornwall.
What the job will be doing
- Carrying out site inspections for 10 year structural warranty insurance cover on new build dwellings. This involves inspecting the dwellings at various stages during construction and liaising with builders on any technical issues or sub-standard/remedial works.
- Inspecting existing properties and preparing condition survey reports.
- Inspecting properties and preparing claim validation reports and costings of remedial works for insurance purposes.
- Assessing building defects and compiling expert reports for clients involved in building contract disputes.
- Investigating structural issues and rainwater ingress claims. Coordinating contractors/developers to eradicate structural issues and moisture ingress throughout buildings.
- If you have identified potential business leads and new sites, passing these to Business Development team to follow up and drive business.
- Using bespoke systems to log all reports and work in a timely manner.
- Liaising with clients and customers to organise visits, managing your own online diary.
- Communication with Administration team essential to ensure work is updated and certificates are issued in a timely manner.
What you will need
- Must hold a 3rd Level Building Surveying degree or equivalent (level6).
- Must have experience of private residential construction from foundation level through to completion.
- Must have a working knowledge of the current UK building regulations.
- Full Drivers licence.
- Customer service focused displaying excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritise work in order to meet strict deadlines.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy paying close attention to detail.
- Work effectively on own initiative in a pressurised environment and as part of a team with minimum supervision.
- IT literate and proficient user of MS packages.
- Must be able to think clearly and solve problems.
- Must have interpersonal skills and a positive attitude to work and other people.
- Customer focused gaining client’s trust and respect through their professional conduct.
- Thinks and acts in a proactive way displaying effective time management.
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact (INSERT NAME) at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.
Repairs & Maintenance
Development & Regeneration