Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Building Surveyor to work with one of our Housing Association clients in Surrey.
What the job will be doing
- To be responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of a cost efficient, customer orientated planned maintenance works and services;
- To deliver the Associations’ Asset Management Strategy, ensuring that our objectives are achieved by contributing to and delivering Clients strategies and policies relating to the maintenance of its stock;
- To be proactive in networking and liaising with internal and external customers and other organisations in order to meet the business objectives and to learn best practice;
- To be responsible for the management and development of staff within the team.
- To research and investigate new initiatives and procurement methods to deliver innovation;
- Lead on the diagnostics of building issues as part of our professional repairs service;
- Provide strong support to the Asset Management team;
- Deal with all aspects of building maintenance and defects including post inspection and managing follow on work;
- Contribute with the development of works and provide technical support/advice;
- Contribute, as a member of the Asset Management Team, to corporate objectives and continual business improvement;
- Review Home Improvement requests always safeguarding the assets of Client;
- Assist when there are works affecting party wall or work requests from leaseholders;
- Assist the team in all technical aspects of building design and defects;
- To inspect all properties as they become void and organise a schedule of works so that the property meets the quality standard and is made available for letting at the earliest opportunity
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Liam at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.
Repairs & Maintenance