Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Building Services Engineer to assist our client working with several heritage properties located throughout the England.
What will the job be doing?
Carry out and record quinquennial surveys of services on a National Collection of Historic Properties
- Develop and implement a standard for the assessment of condition of EH’s building services assets.
- Carry out and record condition surveys in accordance with this standard and using up-to-date survey capture methods and tools.
- Own the surveys records, update them on an asset management system and report on their condition.
- Provide advice on the significance and conservation of historic services to meet the future requirements of building uses.
- Participate with the local Estates team in the decision-making process concerning programme priorities.
- Liaise with other specialist consultants when required.
- Oversee the development and improvement of EH’s MEPs on EHs asset management database.
Support the work of the Estates Department as directed by the Senior Historic Building Surveyor
- Provide technical advice on the repair, upgrade or replacement of all existing building services systems.
- Take a lead in influencing and persuading others of best practice in Building Services in a historic setting.
- Develop feasibility papers for upgrade or replacement projects from current and past survey findings.
- Work to disseminate your expertise and knowledge of Building Services, including by leading and participating in training for Estates teams.
- Carry out post-completion quality assurance evaluations of completed projects and maintenance.
- Contribute to the procurement of a new CAFM system for management of all of EH’s built and services assets.
- Build and maintain effective collaborative working relationships with colleagues and external partners and act as a positive ambassador for the Estates Department and for Sustainable Conservation.
What you will need
- Chartered Engineer or Chartered Surveyor in a relevant discipline.
- Professional qualifications to degree level.
- Extensive experience in design, installation, modification and repair of building services and safety systems within historic monuments.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations with regards to listed building
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Liam at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.