Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Building Safety Manager to work with one of our Housing Association clients in Mid Kent
What the job will be doing
- Ensuring and assessing that those employed to maintain and manage the building have the necessary skills, knowledge and experience
- Maintaining and operating information management systems to facilitate safe management of the building
- Maintaining and managing the safety case for the building so that risks are proactively identified, and mitigating measures put in place and maintained
- Lead and actively contribute on ‘whole building safety’ matters in all meetings internally and externally, and promote collaboration with colleagues and stakeholders
- Assist with delivering cultural change from technical compliance to resident safety, actively promoting this through a range of activities, and embedding in day to day tasks and language
- Design and produce reports to provide clear and transparent data to internal stakeholders with relevant and comprehensive commentary
- Ensure that residents are adequately informed, consulted with and able to positively contribute and influence the operation and development of building safety
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation, sector practice and ensure this is cascaded appropriately
- Identifying and ensuring that necessary and appropriate building remediation is undertaken to ensure that the conditions set out in the building registration certificate are met
- Demonstrating that fire risk assessments for the whole building are undertaken and reviewed regularly and any recommendations are undertaken in a timely manner
- Reporting mandatory occurrences to the Building Safety Regulator.
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Liam at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.