Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Building Safety to work with one of our Housing Association clients in Kent.
What the job will be doing
To ensure all our buildings are 100% compliant and most importantly safe in line with regulations and legislation. Investigating all services, structural issues and risk management whilst delivering high quality building safety management in line with government legislation.
Lead officer for the client ensuring statutory compliance is managed and monitored effectively, taking a solution focused approach, removing risk to the organisation where possible and identifying and implementing mitigation where complete removal is not possible.
Ensure and manage the establishment and maintenance of robust and accurate compliance records for gas, legionella, fire, lifts, AOVs, electrical testing regime, asbestos and other programmes as they arise
To provide regular reports and assurance on performance to the senior leadership team, ET, Board and Committees.
Specify, oversee, manage and/or instruct any works or contractors including audits as required.
Direct liaison with the proposed Building Safety Regulator, Fire Services, LA’s and the HSE ensuring that all required requests for information, reoccurring reporting, audit responses and complaints are appropriately responded to
Manage an effective risk and compliance assurance framework
Escalate all risks identified immediately to line manager
Be appointed Building Safety Manager as set out in the draft Building Safety Bill 2020 (the requirements set of this role to be specified in the final legislation)
Monitor all existing, new or proposed legislation, statutory regulations, best practice and codes of practice pertaining to landlord related health and safety matters and promote them internally.
Compilation of building safety cases for all high risk sites and advising on the requirements of the Governments fire safety bill.
Day to day supervision of the Compliance Coordinators, motivating and developing them to deliver consistently high-quality service.
What you will need
- A solid understanding of housing construction, building pathology and how mechanical and electrical assets operate, their purpose and the management and compliance servicing regimes.
- An understanding of fire and health and safety hazards in residential blocks and their associated risks
- Understanding of high rise and high risk sites.
- Knowledge of fire safety related equipment and facilities which assist in mitigating these risks – from protected means of escape to fire alarm and detection systems and sprinkler systems
- Knowledge of the current standards and codes of practice which relate to these facilities and the detailed maintenance regimes which apply
- Comprehensive understanding of the fire risk assessment process
- To be familiar with the Construction and Design Management Regulations 2015
- To be familiar with the Building Regulations 2010
- Ability to research, prepare and write concise reports, policy, and procedures and to present information to different audiences on occupational health and safety issues
- Ability to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Hold the appropriate Building Safety Manager licence, or be willing to obtain the certification when full requirements are published
- A relevant property related professional qualification, e.g. RICS, supported by continuing professional memberships and evidence of keeping professional knowledge and skills up to date
- A relevant building safety related professional qualification e.g. IOSH, supported by continuing professional memberships and evidence of keeping professional knowledge and skills up to date
- Preferred qualifications in Asbestos, fire and legionella
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Liam at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.
Repairs & Maintenance
Development & Regeneration