Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for an Assistant Director of Asset Management to work with one of our Housing Association clients in Kent.
What the job will be doing
- Developing the asset management programme through effective assessment of options and viability to maximise social value and value for money.
- Ensuring budgets are set, reviewed and that all costs are managed within the agreed budgetary framework and that projects are delivered on time, quality and to budget.
- Maximising access to grant funding and ensuring full compliance with funding regimes.
- Working closely with building and customer safety teams to inform the short and long term safety of both our customers and our buildings.
- Working closely with development colleagues to inform the short and long term property investment and divestment plans and to ensure schemes are financially and environmentally sustainable taking into account long term repair and maintenance costs.
- Ensuring our asset management projects and functions comply with all relevant legislation, building regulations, government guidance on building safety and landlord statutory and regulatory compliance regimes and targets.
- Ensuring effective procurement and management of contracts with contractors, suppliers and consultants.
- Ensuring all asset management procedures are documented, kept up to date and consistently followed.
- Making a great contribution to the strategic leadership of the organisation as a proactive member of the Leadership Team and associated internal groups.
- Role modelling and championing the clients culture to embed our ethos as an agile, customer focussed, high performing organisation.
- Leading and inspiring a department of asset management professionals, with an aim to strengthen and retain talent.
- Collaborating on the development and delivery of the strategic plan for client and its subsidiary Heart of Medway, keeping a relentless focus on our goals and social purpose.
- Valuing and championing equality, diversity and inclusion within the workforce and our customer base.
- Being an ambassador for client, representing the organisation at networks, strategic meetings with other partner agencies, public organisations, regulators and funders.
- Continually review the Asset Management Strategy and associated strategies and policies,
- ensuring delivery of and updating when required.
- Periodically benchmark direct services against the external market place to ensure value for money and efficiency can be demonstrated.
- Meet and exceed present and future Decent Homes Standard, The Social Housing White Paper and NetZero carbon targets.
- Create insight and intelligence from our data that develops and supports investment plans and improved customised services.
What you will need
- Management Qualification or equivalent significant leadership and management experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience at a senior level of leading a large asset base including
experience in some or all of the following – investment and strategic asset management,
repairs and maintenance both planned and reactive along with experience of leading a team
of high performing direct labour operatives (DLO).
- Demonstrable track record of customer focus
- Demonstrable commitment to continuous development including professional, personal and
leadership skills, building on self reflection and feedback whilst supporting the development
- Understanding and knowledge of building safety and compliance across all areas of landlord
- responsibility. Ensuring asset management is fully compliant
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Liam at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.
Repairs & Maintenance